What is the procedure ?
Having the symmetry nose which looks match with the rest of the face is the most wanted of the all the peoples. Due to the nose position is the focus point of the face which can make the face looks attractive and natural beautiful. And the symmetry nose should be contained with the sufficient height of the nose bridge, the alar base of the nose is not too wide (flaring nose) and the tip of the nose (the lowest part of the nose)looks balance with all parts of the nose, not too long or not too short and ben up little bit. The nose tip has the effect to the shape of the nose, the nose can’t be beautiful or perfect without the symmetry nose tip
So, this is the reason why the peoples pay attention to the surgery to correct the nose tip or we know as “ Tipoplasty” much more than before. The surgeon will correct the nose tip by inserting the medical device into your nose to make it balance to the forehead part and chin part. However, correction the nose tip will be different in each person, no exact rule. Its depends on the structure of the nose and the expected result of each person such as in Asian peoples , the surgeon will recommend you have tipoplasty combining to nose augmentation to make the nose look more prominent. Or in western peoples with very high nose bridge will be recommend in another ways, depend on the patient requirement. But tipoplasty is the minor surgery and the incision will be hidden inside the nostril which is invisible after the surgery.
How the procedure is performed ?
The surgery will start from applying the local Anastasia on the patients to not get pain during the surgery. But the patient will be awaking until the surgery is done. And the surgeon will make an incision inside the nostril and at the alar base of the nose to be able to access the nose cartilage and bone. Then, the medical device (chisel or the rasp) will be inserted inside the incision to contour the nose structure, and then brings nasal bones together for forming the narrower bridge. Then, cartilage will be corrected to reshape the nose tip. The incision will be closed with the suture and the plaster and nose block will be applied over the nose to support the bone and the cartilage maintains the new shape and reduces the swelling from the surgery.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure?
How will the incision look like?
The incision will be made inside the nostril which will be invisible after the surgery.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate ?
- The candidate can be both of man and woman but must be in good health, no serious medical problems which can’t undergo the surgery
- Must be over 18 years old , when the body is stop developing
- The people who don’t happy with the shape or the size of the nose tip (the lowest part of the nose)and want to improve it in the preferred shape
- Can be the people who want to have nose implant combining to tipoplasty for the best result of the surgery
- The people who want to increase the self-confident
- The people who understand well about the procedure and including any complication and side-effect may can get
- The people, who have the stability mental, can be patient to wait for final result which can be in a few months. Otherwise , the patient may get the stress during the recovery time
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible and permanent
- The nose is more symmetry , especially more proportion with the rest of your face
- The nose tip is improved , becoming more balance with the whole face
- The wide nostrils can be improved ,become smaller and symmetry
- The face is improves , becoming more natural beautiful
- Get the new shape of the nose without the scars
- Increasing self-confident
- Short recovery time after the surgery
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
Out-patient, recommends 8 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem, your allergies, medication you are taking at the moment
- If you know that you have problems with your blood pressure, your heart, or your lungs, asks your family doctor to check that these are under control
- The surgeon will ask you for the expected result of your surgery, how higher of the nose bridge you desire. Because the surgeon need to provide the silicone implant which can fit to your nose structure in order to give you the same amount of the nose bridge volume as you requested for.
- The surgeon will clarify you all detail about the surgery , both of pre and post-operative care and including the complication and risks you may get from the surgery
- If you are having a combination of plastic surgery procedures, the surgeon will explain you about this and the surgery will take longer recovery time. You can make a decision to do it or not
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc. before and surgery for 2 weeks, this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing
On the surgery date
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair and clean inside your ears with the cotton bud. But do not apply the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After the surgery, the small splint will be placed over your nose to support the new shape of nose and can take it out in the following day
- The surgeon will recommend you to sleep with the high pillow (in the possible of the head higher than the chest) to reduce the swollen and bruising from the operation.
- Understand that it is not only your nose which is swollen and bruising; your face also will be puffy, especially the first day after the surgery
- If you still have strong pains, the painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- But be careful not to take the aspirin or some combination procure may contain aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that increase bleeding
- And cool pack, frozen peas is required to apply on your nose. This can reduce the swelling and stop bleeding (especially, the first few days is recommended to keep cool pack on your surgery area all the time) and including vitamin A and C is also can help
- During this time, its very importance to keep you wound dry and clean. You can clean your face with the wet towel but if you really want to take a shower to wash your face, you can do it with gently and dry it up as soon as possible
- Use the Q-tip (cotton bud) with sterile water to clean your nose both inside and outside and change the bandage on both inside and outside your nose as often as possible to prevent growing up of bacteria
- Don’t worry if there is some bleeding or oozing from the incision, that’s normal and will resolve within 2 days
- About 7 days after the surgery, you have to come back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking to be sure that the incision go well, no side-effect or complication
- Do not blow your nose, If you sneeze, open your mouth to divert the airflow away from the nose or avoid any pressure on your nose
- If you have nose implant with the cartilage, you may have the incision behind the ear also. It will be covered with the plaster and try to keep the plaster on your ears in the first few days after the surgery
- During the recovery time, the incision can be itching, try to not scratch it. Apply the moisturizer, oily lotion on the nose are recommended
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood bending over or lifting heavy things or any activities which risk knocking your nose
- Don’t move your nose from side to side by your fingers including move your nose from side to side by your fingers. Due to the implant is not attached to your nose bone yet
- And should avoid stooping, straining, bending and coughing if possible
- Be careful to the children and pet that can attack your nose and it may move suddenly and also can cause of bleeding inside your nose
- And if you wear glasses, don’t wear it for the first 3 weeks; contact lenses are OK immediately after nose surgery.
- The nose skin after Nose implant is very sensitive to the sun. It is important to wear strong sunscreen and a hat for at least six months
- The nose may feel a little stiff and numb for up to three months, particularly around the tip. And it’s normal if you feel loss of the smell after the surgery, and including the numbness of the nose. It will almost always temporary and can last 6-12 months
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
The common side-effect
After the surgery, you may feel pain, discomfort or bringing and swelling over eyes and including numbness. But all these are just for temporary period which will go away in a several days. The cool pack can reduce these symptoms.
Normally, the surgeon will let you take the oral-antibiotic pill both of before and after the surgery to prevent getting injection from the surgery. But in case the bacteria it so strong or you don’t clean your wound in the correct way, the infection still can occur which you can notice from the strong pain you have plus high flue and the heat from the wound. And including you have plenty of the blood and oozing from the incision(from the nose). This you should go back to see the surgeon again as soon as you possible to get the correct treatment.
The dark area around the eyes
This can happen to the most of patients after undergo the surgery because of the internal bleeding (underneath the skin). But this is not serious problems and will go away in 2-3 days. The surgeon will recommend you sleep on the high pillow (the position of the head is higher than the chest) to reduce the swelling and the bleeding.
The collapse of the nasal structure
Due to correction the nose need to contour the nose structure. Moreover ,sometimes the implant will be inserted into the nose also. It’s possible for nasal structures to be collapsed( but it’s very rare), which will leads to breathing difficulties.