What is the procedure ?
Aging of the face is inevitable, over time the skin begins to loosen on the face and neck And also, the wrinkles occur more deeper than before such as the crow’s feet at the concern of the eyes, the deep lines at the corners of the mouth, the forehead lines become creases and then, gradually, deeper folds, the jawline softens into jowls, and beneath the chin and etc. These cause of the aging as mainly and also the gravity or the sun exposure. So, no wonder why all types of facelift has become the third most desired facial plastic surgical procedure, especially full face lift procedure (start from forehead, jaw , cheek and continue to the neck area ). Due to this procedure to improve the loose skin of the neck, the jaw line, the deeper wrinkle lines, and the corners of the mouth right away, fast and safe. Full face lift can be performed in both of man and woman because now, the peoples would like to keep the youthful long last. And this procedure maybe can combine with the other procedures to improve the fine wrinkles on the face and also with blepharoplasty (baggy eyelids). But one thing you should concern about having this procedure is if the skin is pulled too tight, warping can produce a somewhat unnatural-looking outcome, which was more common with facelifts performed just a few decades ago. A well-trained surgeon with an artistic eye will aim for natural-looking results, including a smooth, firm face with uplifted and rounded features. So, you should take time to learn and find the best surgeon and hospital you should have a surgery time.
How the procedure is performed ?
The procedure will be started with applying the General Anastasia on the patients to make them sleep during the surgery and the surgeon will cut the incision in the area of the temple hair, just above and in front of the ear and under the earlobe (natural curve of the ear) and follows the back of the ears and then back into the nape of the neck within the hair. The surgeon will lift the skin up and go through another layer of the skin which is the muscle and connective tissue is for tighten up and attached to the strong part of your face. And then, the surgeon will contour your facial muscle which is affected to the facial wrinkles, some fat under the skin maybe removed as well as excess skin. And the incision will be closed with the suture with single layer to prevent the incision will be separate easily. After this, the surgeon will insert the small tube to the way out of blood and fluid and your face will be wrapped with the elastic bandage
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
The incicion will be made at the temple and follow to the front hairline to front of the ears then encircle to the earlobe and continue back to the ears from back side. In some case can continue to the middle of the scalp, but not all. It’s depends the concern things of each person. Sometimes, the excess fat and skin on your chin and neck area can be removed also for more harmony of the facial shape. But in all case, the incisions are placed where they will fall in a natural crease of the skin for camouflage. After trimming the excess skin, the surgeon closes the incisions with the metal clips. This will permit precise surgery and avoid shaving hair in the incision sites
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate?
- The good candidate for full face lift procedure can be both of man and woman but must be in good health and no serious medication problems or condition which can’t undergo the major surgery
- Should be more than 40 years old of the age because at this moment, the skin isn’t as smooth or tight as it once was
- The people who those want to improve the face appearance, make the face look youthful and younge
- The peoples with the skin which get bruise more easily, due to loss of support around blood vessel walls that happens with age
- The peoples who those with the sagging and droopy on the face, start from the forehead, Cheek, Jaw and neck which may cause of the effect of aging or the gravity and want to improve it
- The people with the with the deeply wrinkled facial creases and obviously visible in the whole face, under lower eyelids along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- The people who those looks tired, angry or sad even when they are fine
- The people with the skin which is not smooth or tight as it once was
- The people who those loss of muscle tone in the lower face may create jowls or loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can make even a person of normal weight appear to have a wider face (looks fatty) or have double chin
- The people with the skin which is drier, more fragile, and thinner than it used to be
- The bone surrounding your mouth is lost because of the effect of aging which can make your mouth pucker and you want to remove it
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible and permanent
- The sagging face skin look firmer , smoother
- The face muscle is lifted up / tighten up , this make the face look flatter or more shaped
- The excess skin around the chin neck and jowls will be removed
- The double chin is improved
- The wrinkling or deep lines on the face are removed
- The width corners of the face ( because of the fat loosing down) are improved
- Look more natural beautiful and youthful
- The scars are less visible ( they are hidden in the hairline and behind the ears)
- The sadness, tiredness emotion on the face are removed , look more fresh
- get back the self-esteem and be happy with the better face appearance
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
1-2 nights in the hospital, recommends 12 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon and inform them all detail about your medical problem, your allergies, medication you are taking to see how high the risks you can have after the surgery
- Discuss with the surgeon about your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not. You have an opportunity to ask them anything before you undergo the surgery.
- The surgeon will clarify you all details about the surgery , the result of the surgery , the risk and complication and including the scarring after the surgery which is important and willing accept
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 weeks , this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing. This is very important for the peoples who would like to undergo the major the surgery which will be operated under general Anastasia
- Some surgeons will recommend you to take multivitamin supplements which is including Vitamin A and C, this can help relieve swelling after surgery. But however, this must be the approval of your surgeon only
- And if you color your hair, you may choose to do so at least a week prior to your surgery. You should avoid hair dyes for several weeks after the procedure, depending on your type of surgery, in order to maximize safe healing afterwards
- And due to the patients who undergo Face lift surgery will have the scars behind the ears. So, for the peoples with the short hair or the open the ears hair styles can change the hair style which can cover the incision for your self-confidence
- Try to drink the water as much as you can because after the surgery , you may feel very thirsty because the effect of the anastasia
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Take a bath and wash your hair for prevention getting infection and also because after a surgery, you maybe not confortable to do it for a few days but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After the surgery, the doctor may temporarily place a small, thin drainage tube under the skin behind the ear to drain any blood that might collect there and they will be taken out in the following days or a few days later.
- Your head will be wrapped loosely in bandages to reduce bruising and swelling and you have to stay in the hospital to be sure that you are safe before discharge the hospital.
- And the good position to sleep after the surgery is sleeping with head of the bed elevated, no bending, lifting or straining or use two to three pillows for one week after surgery.
- It’s very common symptoms after the surgery for your swelling, bruising, skin discoloration, tenderness, and numbness which will be better and fade away over the time within at least 2 weeks
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- You can take Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that helps promote healing, for two weeks following surgery
- Keep your incision dry except for clearing which you can do with a Q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide and then applying the antibiotic ointment (polysporin/bacitracin) twice a day is an essential part of the healing process and prevention infection.
- During the recovery time, you may have the fluid from the incision which is common symptom after the surgery
- You can take a bath after the surgery , but don’t get your incisions/hair wet.
- If you would like to wash your hair , you can do it after the operation time around 8 hours but avoid using the hot hair dryer
- 7 days after the surgery , you have to go back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking and remove the suture.
- And you can start make up 2-3 days after the surgery, this is not concerning the healing of the wound. But do not massage your cheek or push is a downward direction, the suture under your skin can be bothered with this
- Some surgeons will advise you to wear the compression garment to support the operated area and reduce the swelling and bruising which can make you back to use the normal like faster.
- Avoid wearing the uncomfortable shirt especially on the neck area
- Avoid fading the sunshine at least 6 months after the surgery or if you must , apply the sunscreen with a skin- protection factor (SPF) all the time when you go out to prevent pigmentation of incision line due to this moment , your incision are very sensitive.
- After the surgery , your incision may very dried, don’t scratch them. You can apply the moisturizer, oil cream or the vitamin E , this can help a lot.
- Hair loss along the incision, this can happen either because the surgeon cut the hair in that area to make an incision or the hair loss after the surgery because the surgeon pull the scalp too tight. But it will continue regrow.
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
After the surgery, you may feel strong pain, swelling and bruising, burning and also loose of the sensation on the surgery area. This because the skins are stretched but it’s just temporary, but don’t need to be worry , all the symptoms will fade away in a few weeks
The symptoms of infection from face lift include increased redness, swelling and strong pains. But typically, the surgeons will let you take the antibiotics pill both before and after the surgery to help minimize any risk of infection. So, it’s rare, but possible to happen. The surgeons will typically treat an infection by draining any excess fluids and/or with antibiotics.
Bleeding underneath the skin
If you can feel more oozing than expected including swelling or pressure. You may have the blood collects underneath the skin. You should go back to see your surgeon immediately. The surgeon will insert the tube to removes this blood. Typically, excess bleeding or a hematoma will not impact the result of the facelift.
It is the normal if you feel numbness around your neck and ears after the surgery which Normally it will be 6 months long last as maximum. But the bigger concern for this symptoms is the nerve that supply the muscles of the face on the face are damaged because the facial nerve was injured during the course of the procedure. And the effects are include you are unable to move one side or your lips as well as the other and also this can cause paralysis or spasm in the face, but the effects are usually temporary .Unless the facial nerve branch is severed during the facelift procedure, this may be permanent .
This happens when the blood has collected under the skin even though the surgeon inserted the small tube to drain any liquids or bloods from inside. And this will happen in the man higher than the woman and the surgeon will take out the blood from underneath the skin with the medical needle.
These problems may happen in people with the poorly wound healing which have high risky to become keloid and the keloid removed revision is required if necessary. But during the recovery time, you can apply the moisturizer, ointment, or vitamin C lotion and don’t scratch when they getting dry. This can be the initial healing and protection the incision become scarring. And this happens with the dark skin patient more because they have more melanin in their tissue.
This side-effect is rare to occur, but it can happen. The hair will be lost from the incision sites which cause of follicle shock
The thigh face
This can happen due to when the skin on the forehead is pulled and removed too much as we know “Wind-tunnel”. This can leads to have unnatural face appearance and it’s very difficult to get back the skin after they are removed. So, it’s very important to have choose the experienced surgeon to perform your surgery