What is the procedure ?
The human skin is like rubber bands which can stretches. So, when you get older, the effects of aging are inevitable, especially on the brows and forehead area will be shown the first signs. The forehead skin begins to lose which may cause from a several reasons such as sun explosion, the wind, air pollution, depressive, bad food, gravity and including the showing of feeling such as sad or angry which can pull down the skin of your face which can effect to the frown lines, the wrinkle around the eyes (crow’s feet line), the wrinkles on the forehead and the deep increasing of the eyebrows and sometimes, the sagging skin on forehead is possible to happen also.
And when you have the deep lines across the forehead, normally it’s happened with the eyebrows moved down from the original position of the face. It’s caused from when you get older and try to concentrate to see something with the worse eyesight. The only way to see it clearly is trying to open the eye as large as you can.That’s make you have a pucker on the forehead and the position of eyebrow moved down. And about the wrinkling around your eyes especially begin to form at the outside corners of your eyes or we call “Crow feet’s line” or “laugh lines”.This problems is can’t avoid, they may show up on your face when you turn to 30 years old. In the beginning, the surgeon always recommends you only Botox injection, but the result is not long last. So, getting rid of them with the surgery probably is the best way and the result of the surgery is long last.
So, these are the reasons why forehead lift is the mosts requested procedure from the peoples who have these problems. It can raise the brows in order to remove the appearance of forehead wrinkles and fine lines. It also improves the overall appearance of the upper eye. It’s mean that you can return to the original face which looks youthful and fresh again after the skin is pulled and removed for the excess skin.
How the procedure is performed ?
For forehead lift procedure will be done under general Anastasia with 2 techniques, it’s depend on each surgeon’s recommendation.
1. Classic lift (Coronal Forehead lift) The classic technique of forehead lift, the surgeon will apply the general anesthesia to make the patient sleep during the surgery and make an incision at the level of your ears and continue to the hairline but in each person have the different position of hairline. During the procedure, the eyebrows may also be positioned at a higher level, and any excess skin is trimmed. And the incision will be closed with the sutures which will be hidden in the hairline and the small tube is inserted from the surgery area to drain any liquids or bloods from inside your body. But for the peoples who are balding, the surgeons will make the incision in the mid-scalp where the incision can be hidden from the remaining hair. But this technique will make the forehead area larger , so it’s not suitable for the bald people or the position of hairline is already high which in this case, the surgeon will recommend you to have an incision inside the hairline instead.
2. Endoscopic lift This technique is very popular technique due to the incision is shorter compare to the other. The surgeon will make 5 small incisions from in your scalp (but will leave no visible scars) and insert a scope (small camera on the end of a thin tube) into one of the incisions in order to view the tissues and muscles that are responsible for wrinkles or deep flaw from a screen and use the medical device to remove or from under the skin. And the sagging skin from the hairline to the eyebrow can be lifted up and smoothed, then remove the excess skin at the end of contouring the facial structure. And the incision will be closed with the sutures and the small tube is inserted small tube is inserted from the surgery area to drain any liquids or bloods from inside your body. This procedure is less invasive than the classic lift, the incisions will be smaller, and the recovery time is shorter comparing to the traditional technique but the cost is higher than.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
Classic forehead lifts
The incision of classic forehead lift will be placed at the level of your ear continue across the tip of the forehead to another side which is called “Coronal” which is quite lon but will be hidden in the hairline.
Endoscopic forehead lift
The incisions of forehead lift by Endoscopic technique are very much shorter comparing to the incision of the classic forehead lift. The surgeon wills make 3-5 incisions on the edge of the hairline, less than 1 inch each which make the scars are minimal.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate?
- The candidate of forehead lift can be both of male and female
- Must be in good health , no serious medical problem which can’t undergo eh major surgery
- Should be over than 40 years old of the age , when the skin loss of elastin to keep the skin firm
- The people with the sagging skin on the forehead caused from loss of muscle tone in the forehead
- The people with the hooding eyelid because of the sagging skin on the forehead
- The people the deep horizontal creases across the forehead frown line of furrows between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose.
- The people with the excess skin on fatty tissue hanging over your eyes or down outer part of the eyelids
- The people with “sad looking face” because the eyebrow loosing down and want to improve it
- The people who looks tired or grumpy all the time and don’t happy with this
- The people who want to get back the youthful face, especially on the upper part of the face
- The people who want to increase the self-esteem and look fresh again
- The people with the stable mentality and be patient to wait for the final result of the surgery which may take a several months without any depresses
- The people who understand about the scarring after the surgery and will accepting
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result is immediately visible
- All the wrinkles, deep line across the forehead, the creases at the end of the eyes are improved
- The sagging skin on the forehead brows is tighten up and look smoother
- All the wrinkles, deep line across the forehead, the creases at the end of the eyes are improved
- Drooping brows are improved
- The vertical frown lines between the brows is removed
- The upper part of the face looks firmer
- Get back the muscle on the forehead brows, look alive again
- Get back the youthful appearance
- Look natural beautiful and younger than before even look better
- Improving the sad face or tired face
- Can laugh as much as you want without worrying about the aging line on the face
- Increasing the self-confident
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
1-2 nights in the hospital, recommends 12-14 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem , your allergies , medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not
- You have an opportunity to ask them anything before you undergo the surgery. Some surgeons can show you the before and pictures of the clients who did the surgery with them only if you would like to see
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 weeks, this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing. This is very important for the peoples who would like to undergo the major the surgery which will be operated under General Anastasia
- Some surgeons will recommend you to take multivitamin supplements which is including Vitamin A and C, this can help relieve swelling after surgery. But however, this must be the approval of your surgeon only
- And if you color your hair, you may choose to do so at least a week prior to your surgery. You should avoid hair dyes for several weeks after the procedure, depending on your type of surgery, in order to maximize safe healing afterwards
- And due to the patients who undergo Face lift surgery will have the scars behind the ears. So, for the peoples with the short hair or the open the ears hair styles can change the hair style which can cover the incision for your self-confidence
- Due to you have to stay over nigh in the hospital, prepare the thing what is needed for you during recovery stay in the hospital
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Take a bath and wash your hair for prevention getting infection wear the loose cloths or comfortable for you, (because after a surgery, you maybe not confortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front.
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After the surgery, the doctor may temporarily place a small, thin drainage tube under the skin behind the ear to drain any blood that might collect there. Your head will be wrapped loosely in bandages to reduce bruising and swelling and you have to stay in the hospital to be sure that you are safe before discharge the hospital
- And the good position to sleep after the surgery is sleeping with head of the bed elevated, no bending, lifting or straining or use two to three pillows for one week after surgery
- It’s very common symptoms after the surgery for your swelling, bruising, skin discoloration, tenderness, and numbness which will be better and fade away over the time within at least 2 weeks
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- And also you can take Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that helps promote healing, for two weeks following surgery
- Keep your incision dry except for clearing which you can do with a Q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide and then applying the antibiotic ointment (polysporin/bacitracin) twice a day is an essential part of the healing process and prevention infection. You can take a bath after the surgery, but don’t get your incisions/hair wet
- And 2 weeks after the surgery, you have to go back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking and remove the suture. If you would like to wash your hair , you can do it after the operation time around 8 hours but avoid using the hot air dryer
- And you can start make up 2-3 days after the surgery, this is not concerning the healing of the wound. But do not massage your cheek or push is a downward direction, the suture under your skin can be bothered with this
- Some surgeons will advise you to wear the compression garment to support the operated area and reduce the swelling and bruising which can make you back to use the normal like faster
- During the recovery time, you may have the fluid from the incision. Just avoid wearing the uncomforted shirt especially on the neck area
- And since the scars will be hidden in the hairline. So, the surgeon will recommend you to avoid fading the sunshine at least 6 months after the surgery or you must put the sunscreen with a skin- protection factor (SPF) all the time when you go out to prevent pigmentation of incision line. And also, after the surgery,the incision maybe very dried. You can apply the moisturizer, oil cream or the vitamin E can help
- Hair loss along the incision, this can happen either because the surgeon cut the hair in that area to make an incision or the hair loss after the surgery because the surgeon pull the scalp too tight. But it will continue regrow
- But some surgeons will recommend you to use the medical compression garment after cheek implant surgery. This garment can help you about the healing process, minimal swelling, improving blood circulation, providing support and comfort to surgical areas, and by flushing the body out of potentially harmful fluids. But not every surgeon in Thailand will advise this
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
After the surgery, you may feel strong pain, swelling and bruising, burning and also loose of the sensation on the surgery area, this because the skins are stretched but it’s just temporary and will fade away in a few weeks
Normally, the surgeon will let you take the oral-antibiotic pill both before and after the surgery to help minimize any risk of infection. But in case the bacteria are so strong, this still can occur (but it’s rare). The symptoms of infection from face lift include increased redness, swelling and strong pains.The surgeons will typically treat an infection by draining any excess fluids and/or with antibiotics.
It’s normal symptom if you feel numbness around the upper part of your head after the surgery and should fad away in 6 months as maximum. But if not, the numbness still exist and doesn’t go away when the time passed over, this can be bigger concerns caused of the nerves that supply the muscles of the face on are damaged during the surgery .And the effects are include you are unable to move one side or your lips as well as the other and also this can cause paralysis or spasm in the face, but the effects are usually temporary. Unless the facial nerve branch is severed during the facelift procedure, this may be permanent.
Bleeding underneath the skin
If you can feel more oozing than expected including swelling or pressure. You may have the blood collects underneath the skin. You should go back to see your surgeon immediately. The surgeon will insert the tube to removes this blood. Typically, excess bleeding or a hematoma will not impact the result of the facelift.
This happens when the blood has collected under the skin even though the surgeon inserted the small tube to drain any liquids or bloods from inside. And this will happen in the man higher than the woman and the surgeon will take out the blood from underneath the skin with the medical needle.
Eyelid irregularity more visible
Due to the eyelid surgery isn’t involved having forehead lift procedure. And the result of forehead lift can make the flaws on the eyelids more visible such as the droopy skin on upper eyelid or loose eyelid due to the skin at the upper part of the face will look firmer but on the eyelid still have the droopy skin. In this case, the eyelid surgery may necessaries which can be done in the same times with forehead lift or after.
These problems may happen in people with the poorly wound healing which have high risky to become keloid and the keloid removed revision is required if necessary. But during the recovery time, you can apply the moisturizer, ointment, or vitamin C lotion and don’t scratch when they getting dry. This can be the initial healing and protection the incision become scarring. And this happens with the dark skin patient more because they have more melanin in their tissue
This side-effect is rare to occur, but it can happen. The hair will be lost from the incision sites which cause of follicle shock
The thigh face
This can happen due to when the skin on the forehead is pulled and removed too much as we know “Wind-tunnel”. This can leads to have unnatural face appearance and it’s very difficult to get back the skin after they are removed. So, it’s very important to have choose the experienced surgeon to perform your surgery