What is the procedure ?
In the people who having relatively flat cheeks will looks less attractive than having high cheekbones. And moreover, when the age is higher ,the volume of the cheek is slightly lower and the height of the cheekbone into the hollow that develops as the face ages and loses volume.
So, Augment the cheek volume is the most popular facial surgery which can be done with the cosmetic surgery as we know “Cheek Augmentation” can derma injection (but (but the result is not permanent, the patient need to re-inject in every 6 months). Cheek augmentation is the procedure to augment the volume of the cheek with the silicone implant (which is made from the solid and semi-solid material) which can be done in both of the man and woman but the aim of the surgery outcome are different. For the women, cheek implant can make you your face more feminine, youthfulness, more balance and attractive. But cheek implant for the man will make your face an overall chiseled or angular appearance that is perceived as ruggedly masculine especially for the man with short and narrow cheeks. And cheek augmentation can also be combined with other procedures such as the face lift for the peoples over 40 years old.
Aside from the physical benefits that a cheek implant can bring, there are also psychological, emotional, and social benefits as well. They will improve your self-esteem and will make you feel more comfortable with yourself. Ideal candidates for cheek implants are healthy and mentally stable people.
How the procedure is performed ?
The surgery will be started with applying the local Anastasia on the patient to not pain during the surgery. And the incision will be made inside your mouth, where is the cheek meeting the gum in the back of your mouth. This can avoid scarring problems after the surgery. The implant will be placed in the package directly on top of the cheek bone or right below it and the surgeon will secure the implant within the pocket, affixing it to bone or soft tissue and it can be repositioned several times during the operation. There are times where a small titanium screw is used to attach the implant to the bone. And after that, the incision will be closed with the suture.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure?
How will the incision look like ?
The scars of cheek implant surgery are going to be small and less visible. They are made either at the top of the upper lip near the gums or on the outer cheek, slightly below the lower eyelid.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate ?
- The good candidate for cheek implant can be both of man and women but should be healthy, not serious medical problems or condition which can’t have a surgery
- The peoples with the age over than 21 years old, when the cheek bone structure is already stop developing
- The people with the flat cheek which looks less attractive than having high cheekbones and want to improve it
- The people who look tired , older than the real age because of the flat cheek and want to correct this
- The people who want to make the face youthful and look fresh
- The people who you need to improve the structure of your face, higher the cheek bone, add the definition to face especially on the upper part of the face
- The peoples who need to restore symmetry with the face
- The people with the stable mentality, be able to wait for the final result of the surgery which probably take a several months without any depresses
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible and permanent
- The cheek look higher and more asymmetry to the face
- The face look youthful and fresh
- The face look more attractive and more softer
- Look natural beautiful
- Make the face structure line looks more obviously appearance
- The hollowness below the cheek bone level are full filled
- For the man, augment the volume of the cheek and make the face an overall chiseled or angular appearance that is perceived as ruggedly masculine especially for the man with short and narrow cheeks
- Increasing the self-esteem
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
Out-patient,recommends 9 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem, your allergies, medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not
- Make an X-ray test to see the structure of your face to see that you are able to insert any implant over your cheekbone or not
- If you are having a combination of plastic surgery procedures, the surgeon will explain you about this and the surgery will take longer recovery time. You can make a decision to do it or not
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication and including high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 weeks ,this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing
On the surgery date
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair and clean inside your ears with the cotton bud. But do not apply the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After the surgery , you may feel difficult to open the mouth , but it’ because of the swelling and will go away over the time
- If you feel pain, the painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone.
- The surgeon will recommend you lay down in the position with your head higher than body. This will help relieve pressure from your treatment area reducing swelling and pain
- The surgeon will recommend applying the cool pack or frozen peas, this can reduce the swelling and stop bleeding (especially, the first few days is recommended to keep cool pack on your surgery area all the time) and including vitamin A and C is also can help.
- During the recovery time, try to drink water as much as you can
- Stop eating after the surgery date at least 24 hours to avoid getting infection from the bacteria in the mouth but in
- And keep eating the soft food until 2 weeks after the surgery and continue avoiding strong food or sticky food or the uncooked foods, fresh fruits or vegetable which maybe have the bacteria contained until 4 weeks. Because this is risky to make your incision get infection
- Keep all incision and suture lines free of moisture to ensure proper healing. Do not allow creams, lotions, or topical arnica into the incision because they can cause inflammation
- You may notice a change in your smile, tingling, the sporadic sharp pain, pulling, burning, cold or other unusual sensations. These usually subside within the first few weeks. Your end result is usually seen within 4 months
- Don’t try to touch the incision and the wound with your tongue because it can make the incision separate from each other
- About 7 days after the surgery, you have to come back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking to be sure that the incision go well, no side-effect or complication
- You can resume light activity the day of surgery. Do not lifting heavy objects and, especially, no bending over to lift objects. Its can caused of raising your blood pressure and heart rate through strenuous which this can slow-down the healing process
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
After the surgery, you can experience sharp pains, burning, heat, tingling, swelling even you may loss of sensation on your cheek. But they will be for only temporary period and will go away in a several days. But the following serious complications below are what you really have to concern about or once you have it, you should go back to the surgeon again to see your surgeon.
It is possible to have bacteria from the mouth or during the surgery although they are usually prevented and remedied using antibiotics before, during, and after the surgery. You may can have the redness or pain the cheeks including bleeding disorders which developed from the normal bleeding from the surgery to be blood accumulates under the skin or in a pocket created from the implant Please go back to see the surgeon, the implant may need to be removed right away.
This is rare problems that the implant can be moved or shift to a new place in your cheek, but it’s happened sometimes.The surgeon wills revision the surgery for you to move the implants back to be in the good position again.
This is rare that the implant can
This is rare problems that the implant can be moved or shift to a new place in your cheek , but it’s happened sometimes. The surgeon wills revision the surgery for you to move the implants back to be in the good position again.
This is the one of rare complication and is a result of the tightening of the scar tissue surrounding the cheek implant. If it becomes painful or if the contracture alters the shape of your face then further surgery will be needed. Surgeons will usually recommend anti-inflammatory medications that can soften the firmness.
A after the surgery, the nerve which supply sensation to the cheek may be injured (but low risks). This can leads to temporary or possibly permanent numbness of the areas around the implant. So, after the surgery about 6 moths, all numbness or sensation should go away from your cheek area. But if it’s not, you should go back to see the surgeon again to see the exact cause of this problem.