What is the procedure?
The most people wish to have the shapely face,look symmetry. So,the center of the face is the middle of the face is the most important because the peoples will focus at this point before any other parts of the face. So, the people with the high volume of the cheek may feel not self-confident. Because it’s making your face looks fat and wider. And the cause of the high volume of the cheek can be the cheekbone which the surgeon will perform cheek bone reduction in the case. But another cause is from the excess fat attached the cheek inside the mouth which we call “Buccal fat” we will solves this problem remove it out.
Buccal fat is the fatty tissue under your cheek bones area and extends up into the skull which is about the size of a golf ball or Ping-Pong ball. And consists of tissue and lobules of fat which make the face looks fat, round, plump and wider which are influenced by a number of factors that range from family history to ethnic background. It begins at the sides of our foreheads and extends through the lower cheekbone, ending at the corners of our lips.
So, for the peoples who don’t happy with the size of the check which cause of the fatty tissue inside can consider having a Buccal Fat removal procedure which can slim down your facial features, and removal the excess fat pads under your cheek can create a more defined, sculpted look and contour the face. This can help people get the smaller cheek and can effect to the whole face structure. This procedure becomes popularity in the moment. Because it can improves the general problem of many peoples (the overweight cheek with the slim face) and it’s quite safe and can see result of the surgery immediately after the surgery.
How the procedure is performed ?
The procedure will start with applying the local Anastasia on the patient to avoid the pain during the surgery and the surgeon will make a small incision(about 2-3 cm) inside your mouth between the cheek and gums(maxillary vestibule), which start in above the second upper molar towards the back of the mouth to open up the fascia and fibers of the main cheek muscle (buccinator). And the thump will be used to apply the pressure externally against your cheek right under your cheek bone causing the buccal fat to protrude through the incision (the Buccal Fat is then gently teased out, as it flows freely out of the incision as yolk from an egg). Then, the tissue inside your mouth will be removed with forceps or surgical tweezers. And then, the incision will be closed with the suture and also place an antibiotic-soaked piece of gauze between the upper molars and gums. Even the Buccal fat is one kind of the excess tissue, but it’s can’t be removed via suction (Liposuction). Due to it’s risky for your salivary ducts or vital nerves to be injured.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
The incision point of Buccal fat is made inside the mouth, which very small about 2-3 cm and running from the cheek to the gum. So, the incision is invisible. This is the big benefits of buccal fat removal that it does not generally produce any visible scarring.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate ?
- The candidate can be both of the man and woman , but must be in good health and not serious medical problems or condition can’t have the surgery
- Must over 18 years old, when the body is stop developing , otherwise, the outcome of the surgery can be changed again
- Should not over 40 years old because by this time, all peoples start to naturally loose fat around the faces. It could leave you looking gaunt as this process begins to become more obvious
- The people with the plumper cheek which cause of the baby fat and want to remove it out
- The people have excessive puffiness or plumpness in the cheek and don’t happy with this
- The people who feel unconscious with the big size of the cheek which make them looks fat or like baby appearance
- The people who want to have the adult face structure , looks more shape
- The people who regularly exercise to maintain a fit physique
- The people who understand the procedure , the incision and the outcome of the surgery
- The woman with the stable mentality and be patient to wait for the final result of the surgery which may take a few months
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible and permanent
- Your face looks more beautiful, symmetry and proportion
- Your face looks thinner, more defined cheeks which can lead to an enhanced appearance
- The roundness or plumpness in the cheek area is disappeared
- Enhancing the contours and lines of the upper cheek bone and lower jawbone
- Restore symmetry with the face and make the face looks more balance
- Increasing your self-confidence
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
Out-patient, recommends 9 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem , your allergies, medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not
- If you are having a combination of plastic surgery procedures, the surgeon will explain you about this and the surgery will take longer recovery time. You can make a decision to do it or not
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication and including high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 weeks ,this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing
On the surgery date
- Take a bath and clean your teeth and your mouth with the mouthwash(because after a surgery, you maybe not comfortable to do it for a few days)
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After the surgery , you may feel difficult to open the mouth, but it’ because of the swelling and will go away over the time
- If you feel pain, the painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- The surgeon will recommend you lay down in the position with your head higher than body, this will help relieve pressure from your treatment area reducing swelling and pain
- The surgeon will recommend applying the cool pack or frozen peas, this can reduce the swelling and stop bleeding (especially, the first few days is recommended to keep cool pack on your surgery area all the time) and including vitamin A and C is also can help
- During the recovery time, try to drink water as much as you can
- Stop eating after the surgery date at least 24 hours to avoid getting infection from the bacteria in the mouth but in
- And keep eating the soft food until 2 weeks after the surgery and continue avoiding strong food or sticky food or the uncooked foods, fresh fruits or vegetable which maybe have the bacteria contained until 4 weeks. Because this is risky to make your incision get infection
- Keep all incision and suture lines free of moisture to ensure proper healing. Do not allow creams, lotions, or topical arnica into the incision because they can cause inflammation
- You may notice a change in your smile, tingling, the sporadic sharp pain, pulling, burning, cold or other unusual sensations. These usually subside within the first few weeks. Your end result is usually seen within 4 months
- Don’t try to touch the incision and the wound with your tongue because it can make the incision separate from each other.
- About 7 days after the surgery, you have to come back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking to be sure that the incision go well, no side-effect or complication
- You can resume light activity the day of surgery. Do not lifting heavy objects and, especially, no bending over to lift objects. Its can caused of raising your blood pressure and heart rate through strenuous which this can slow-down the healing process
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
After the operation done, you may feel may feel tight quite tender as the anesthesia wears off. And it’s very common for the patients to experience the pain, discomfort and also, the swelling and difficulty to open the mouth after the surgery is commonly, especially in the first few days.
Actually, all kind of procedures is possible to get infection. To reduce the risk of this problem, the surgeon will let you take the antibiotics and for after the surgery, you should avoid any food high in bacteria (uncooked food) and the fresh food and vegetable which can have the chemical covered. The symptoms which can indicated infection such as heightened temperature inside the wound , you have a high flue or having extreme pus, redness, excessive swelling. You should go to see your surgeon as soon as you can. And also, this case can become to be the bulge scarring inside the mouth which can make the cheek can make one cheek bigger than the other , this can be solved by revision the surgery
It’s very rare, but we have reported of sensation along the incision lines (around the cheeks and jaw-line). This can be long-lasting, or even in some cases permanent.
If the fatty tissue under your cheek is removed too much, you face can become to have “a gaunt” appearance. Or even after the surgery, you are happy with the result of the surgery, thinning of the face may naturally occur. But when you get older, thinning of the face may naturally occur. If too much buccal fat is removed, this natural thinning can eventually lead to a drawn, “scrawny” look. Moreover, some patients have also experienced eyebrow and eyelash loss due to the medications, serious allergic reactions to anesthesia and complications due to pre-existing medical conditions. The only solving way of this problem is revision the surgery.Skin-Puckering can also occur along with deep depressions, excess scar tissue and lumps. Hematoma (blood escaped from a blood vessel causing irritation and swelling) and seroma (a mass of clear fluid consisting of plasma and cells from.