What is the procedure?
All women wish to have beautiful breasts. But some women have the breast beautiful breast but with the flaws at the middle of the breast also can make them lose the self-confident, the inverted nipple. Its cause of imbalance between the inwards traction of the milk ducts and the traction of the muscle within the nipple which pulls the nipple upwards which can occur only in 1 side of both side of the breast. But if it’s happened in the women, they can’t breastfeeding (but still have the milk inside the breast) which this is the most sensitive thing for the woman who becomes mother or it’s easy to get infection because you can’t clean inside the inverted nipple well. The amount of the woman who has this problem is about 10 percentages and most of them come with the birth. In some peoples who have the temporary inverted nipple, it can come out sometimes such as when they are cold or have sexual feeling. This can fix by pulling the nipple with your fingers or the correcting nipple machine. In 203 months, the inverted nipple can be fixed. But for the peoples who have the permanent inverted nipple can’t fix the problem in this method. Only the surgery can fix this problem for you .So, Inverted nipple correction (Inverted nipple repair) is happened to improve these problems, to make the nipple more beautiful, look natural and be positioned in the right place of the breast.
How the procedure is performed ?
Surgical procedures to correct the inverted nipple can be divided into two types, In either case, the objective is to reshape the nipple and areola so that the nipple projects out from the breast, enhancing the appearance of the breast while preserving sensitivity of the nipple. The technique that leaves the milk ducts intact can also help preserve a woman’s ability to breastfeed
No division of ducts
The surgeon will make an incision on the areola (base of nipple) about 2 mm. Then try to divide only fibrous bands to create a natural nipple shape but don’t touch the milk ducts surrounding. And the nipple will be maintained by inserting a plicating and ruching permanent suture at the areola. This technic of correction inverted nipple is the most requesting from the candidates. Because it’s not disturbing the milk ducts and still can breast feeding after the surgery.
Division of ducts to invert the nipple
Make a small incision (about 2 mm) at the base of the nipple to divide the fibrous bands and all milk ducts which pulling the nipple inside. And then, stitched a new shape of the nipple with “purse-string suture” and keep the suture under the nipples for 10 days after the surgery. This technique is simple, minimal surgery and the sensation of the nipple is maintained. But this method is risky, when the milk ducts is divided, its mean breastfeeding is not possible later on. So, this technique is typically reserved for patients who are not planning to breastfeed.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
The incision of the inverted nipples correction is not too obviously visible. Because the correction the nipple is made incisions along the areola (not even the edge of the areola). The incision spans approximately half the circumference of the base. Even In the nude, the scar are consequently not typically prominent
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate ?
- The candidate for Inverted nipple correction can be both of man and woman but must be in good health, no medical problems and condition can’t undergo the surgery. With no untreated history of breast disease and no untreated illness or medical condition that can impair normal healing.
- Must be older than 18 years, when the breasts stop developing.
- The peoples with permanently inverted nipple (Nipple(s) that sink into the areolar area of your breast) which normally with the birth or puberty
- The peoples with asymmetry between the two nipples which can make clothing selection difficult
- The peoples who feel the nipples don’t look normal and want to improve it.
- You’re self-conscious/embarrassed by your breast appearance
- Skin irritation resulting from sunken nipples
- Tried to stimulate invert the nipples by natural way, but it’s doesn’t work.
- Not currently pregnant.
- Wanting to improve their appearance of the breast
- Having this surgery for the first time
- Wish to breastfeeding which is very sensitive feeling for all women
- Psychologically stable
What are the results the candidate can expect ?
- The candidate can achieves normal nipple shape, correct the sinking nipple from breast
- For the peoples who have asymmetry nipples between both sides can improves it.
- Have the better appearance of the breasts
- Can breastfeeding after correction the inverted nipple.
- Can wear any clothing you like with the self-esteems
- Decrease the embarrassment and increase the self-confidence including sex-appear
- Reduction the risk to get infection from the nipples inverted because you can clean your nipples easier and better.
- The result of the surgery is visible immediately and permanent.
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
Out-patient, recommends 9 days in Thailand.
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem , your allergies , medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not .
- You have an opportunity to ask them anything before you underdo the surgery. Some surgeons can show you the before and pictures of the clients who did the surgery with them only if you would like to see.
- The surgeon will clarify you all detail about the procedure, the complication and risks, and especially the feature of your incision after the surgery.
- You need to make clear about the technique of Inverted nipple procedure, especially the people who wish to breast feeding the baby. Because the technique with cutting off the
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatories medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc. before and surgery for 2 weeks , This may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Some surgeons will recommend you to take multivitamin supplements which are including Vitamin A and C, this can help relieve swelling after surgery. But however, this must be the approval of your surgeon only.
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing.
- You should try to stool by drinking the prune juice and take them away because after the surgery, you may be taking pain medications which can cause constipation.
- Try to drink water as much as you can, because hydration is very important both of before and after the surgery for safe recovery.
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery. –
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair (because after a surgery, you maybe not confortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, If possible take the shirt with the button in front.
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not.
- After the surgery, you may feel swelling and bruising including discomfort, tenderness, and numbness and a little groggy, but it will go away within one month.
- Your nipple will be covered with the gauze after the incision is closed with the stitched
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone.
- You can take Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that helps promote healing, for two weeks following surgery.
- There might be a slight burning sensation in the nipple, it will be better over the time also
- The surgeon will recommend you to sleep with head of the bed elevated, no bending, lifting or straining or use two to three pillows for one week after surgery to reduce swelling and bruising
- Keep your incision clean and dry, clean your wound with hydrogen peroxide and then applying the antibiotic ointment (polysporin/bacitracin) twice a day is an essential part of the healing process and prevention infection.
- It’s common if there are bleeding or oozing come out from the wound during this time which will go sway in a few days , just use the button to clean it
- 1-2days after the surgery, you will be allowed to take a shower. But after that, try to dry up your nipples soonest.
- 7 days after the surgery, you have to go back to see your surgeon again for post-operative checking up. And mostly of the surgery will be performed with the absorb suture. So, don’t need to remove the stick but .
- If you feel so dry on your nipple (incision) or very itching, applying the gentle moisturizer or Aquaphor is recommended.
- Avoid any activities which can bother your nipple incision, or your nipple will be rubbed or chafed for avoiding the incision is separated.
- Avoid the extreme sports after the surgery for 4-6 weeks.
- Don’t lie down on your abdomen because your nipple can be pressured.
- Wearing the loose cloths for up to 2 weeks to not disturb the incision o your nipple.
- You may be asked to wear the sport bra to support the surgery area and also can reduce the swelling or bruising after the surgery sooner.
- During the recovery time, It’s possible for your nipple for becoming inverted again which you need to follow the surgeon’s advice strictly such as do not lie down on your abdomen because your nipple can be pressured or placing pressure against the nipple during at least the first two weeks after surgery or including using the thick gauze to accommodate the nipple.
- In some cases, the incisions may slight becomes thickening of the scars. The surgeon will recommend you to simple massage on the scar and surrounding the skin for a few minute each day.
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
All kind of surgery has the complication and risky, not exception inverted nipple surgery. But the complication of the inverted nipple surgery is rare due to this is only minor cosmetic surgery. The most common complication from this procedure are:
Normally, this symptom can happen in a few days after the surgery due to the effect of the Anastasia and it will fade away over the time. But if it is long last, you should be concern about this. This can cause of the nerve surrounding your nipple are injured during the inserting the stitch to your nipples which you should be back to meet the surgeon again as soon as you can.
This can happen because of the wrong treatable with antibiotics (even both of before and after the surgery, you are asked to take the antibiotic to prevent this problems) or the behavior after the surgery is not correct, the wound are not cleaned well or etc. From this, you will feel hot inside your wound, pains (the different level in each person) or have high flu after the surgery. Just go back to meet your surgeon and they will heal you in the correct way.
It’s possible for both of your nipples will becomes improperly aligned nipples. Even in the beginning, you can’t see the flaws of the nipple well because of the swelling. But the swelling go away, you may see that the nipples are in an abnormal position after the surgery. This problems will be solved only revision the surgery.
After the surgery, you can have bleeding due to the effect of the operation. But if it’s excessive bleeding or you don’t feel normal. You should go back to meet your surgeon immediately. That’s the reason why the surgeon recommends you to stop taking Aspirin before and after the surgery for 2 weeks.
The inability to breastfeed
This is because the milk ducts which carry the milk from the underlying breast glands to the nipple will be divided or lengthened during the operation. If you plan to have a family or have a baby, the surgeon will recommend you the other technique which not touch or divide your nipples.