What is the procedure ?
The very large and heavy breasts can be the cause of the various medical problems such as back and neck pain also the breathing problems or the irritation skin problem. Some women feels so uncomfortable with this, especially when they doing some activities or extreme movement. And moreover, these problems can also make the women feel self-conscious when they wear some dresses or very difficult to find the bra that can support all the breast . This is the reason why the most of the peoples with very large size of the breast seeking for the way to improves is and the cosmetic surgery is the best option for this or we know as “Breast Reduction procedure” So, Breast Reduction is the procedure to reduce the weight and volume of the breasts in proportion with your body by removal the excess breast fat glandular tissue and skin which can reshape your breasts. And moreover, you nipple can be moved and your areola, can also be reduced. However, after the surgery your breast is possible to be bigger again if you gain more weight or become pregnant. So, we can say that, your new breast size should help relieve pain and physical limitations you experienced prior to surgery in addition to enhancing your self-image and confidence. But however, this is also important to be informed that Breast Reduction surgery will removes many of milk ducts in the breast. And for the women who would like to breast feeding will not be recommended to do this procedure.
How the procedure is performed ?
For the Breast reduction will be start with masking the area of the breast need to be removed and apply the Anastasia to the patients to make them sleep during the surgery. And the surgeon will make an incision around the areola down to the surface of breast like an upside down T or anchor-shaped which is similar to a breast lift in order to remove some of the glandular tissue. After that, the above skin will be pulled down to cover the breast and reshape. And the nipple and areola can be moved to a higher position and sometimes, the areola also can be made smaller. Without attaching them from their original nerves and blood vessels, they may keep their ability to feel sensation. Before the surgeon will close the incision with the suture, the small and thin drainage or tube will be temporarily placed under the skin (each breast) to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect at the incision sites. Then, and also you will be wrapped with the gauze dressings which can help in the healing process and protect them from infection. A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect at the incision sites. And the elastic plaster will be placed over the incision as the final step.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like?
Breast reduction always leaves visible scars on the breasts, but how the scars look like, it’s depend on technic of breast. But the mostly technique that the surgeon will use for Breast reduction is “T or anchor-shaped” (make an incision around the areola down to the surface of breast like an upside down)
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate?
- The candidate must be the woman in the good heath, no serious medical problem which can’t have a major surgery.
- The man also can have a surgery to reduce the size of the breast , but we call as “Male Breast Reduction”
- The age should be over than 18 years old , when the breast already stop developing
- The woman with the asymmetry shape of the breast (very large size) comparing to the whole body which may be the result of pregnancy, weight gain, or weight loss
- The woman with the aging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging
- The woman with the big different size of 2 breasts
- The problems, who have a problems with the excessive weight and very large volume to be more proportional to the body and can wear cloths more fit and beautiful
- The woman with Self-consciousness about the largeness of your breasts
- The woman with inconvenience of physical activity because of the size of your breasts or pendulous breasts
- The woman who don’t plan to have a children anymore , Otherwise, you will feel that they can address any subsequent changes later
- The woman with the painful on neck , back or also shoulder because of the weight of your breasts
- The woman with the size of your breast is very large and the volume of your breast is very heavy especially compare with your whole body size and including the areolas that point downward
- The woman with the breathing problems caused of the very large breasts
- The woman with the skin irritation beneath the breast crease.
- The woman with the stable mentality and be able to wait for the final result which may take for a few months
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible and be permanent
- The breast looks smaller , lighter and more balance to the whole of the body
- The breasts looks more beautiful and attractive
- The breast will be lifted up also which can looks firmer
- Able to wear any cloths which looks fit to the new shape of the breast
- Have more self-confident and be more enjoy with the new shape of the breast
- Decreasing the pain disease which cause of the very heavy of the breast such as backache, neck pain
- Removing the pressure on the shoulders from the bra straps because of very heavy of the breast
- Improving the skin irritation such as , rashes or itching around the crease or folds area which cause of very big breast the air can’t pass through
- Around the folds or crease are easier to cleans and the smelly from the body can be improved
- The body can move better and it’s easier to do more activities or sports
- Improving the breathing problem because of very big size of the breast
- The asymmetry breast between both side of the breast can be reshaped and make them more balance
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
1-2 days in the hospital, 10-14 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem , your allergies , medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not .
- Inform them about the expected result of the surgery you are seeking for to see it’s realistic to make it happen or not and the surgeon will explain the specific details, technique to be used, where the operation will be performed and what realistically can accomplish and also give you instructions for preparing that will help lower your risk of complications.
- In some surgeon can show you the picture of the previous case to you and clarify all detail about the procedure, the complication and side-effect, the incision or scars and etc.
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatories medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc. before and surgery for 2 weeks , This may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Some surgeons will recommend you to take multivitamin supplements which are including Vitamin A and C; this can help relieve swelling after surgery. But however, this must be the approval of your surgeon only.
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, this can result in prolonged wound healing, skin loss, infection, increased scarring. This is very important for the peoples who would like to undergo the major.
- If you have over weight, the surgeon may recommend you to change the life style, control the weight, and regularly exercise. You have to follow the surgeon’s recommendation to archives the best result of the surgery and minimize the chance of complications
- You should try to stool by drinking the prune juice and take them away because after the surgery, you may be taking pain medications which can cause constipation.
- Try to drink water as much as you can, because hydration is very important both of before and after the surgery for safe recovery
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair (because after a surgery, you maybe not confortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loos cloths or the comfortable, especially on below part of your body.
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not.
- When you wake up from Anastasia, you will have the small tubes (can be 1 or 2 tubes) inserted to your each breast to drain out the fluid from your body. And the surgeon will take it out 1 -2 days after the surgery.
- And besides the tube on your breast, you will be wrapped with the elastic bandage to reduce bruising and swelling and you have to stay in the hospital to be sure that you are safe before discharge the hospital.
- The surgeon will recommend you to sleep with head of the bed elevated, no bending, lifting or straining or use two to three pillows for one week after surgery to reduce swelling and bruising
- Avoid to sleep on the stomach for 2 weeks after the surgery or someone can lie down on the recliner chair to helps relieves pressure in the chest area
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone.
- You can take Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that helps promote healing, for two weeks following surgery.
- You will be asked to the medical compression garment for breast lift to help you about the healing process, minimal swelling, improving blood circulation, providing support and comfort to surgical areas, and by flushing the bodies out of potentially harmful fluids which can make you go back to the normal life sooner.
- The cool pack is also recommended to reduce the swelling and bruising, apply on your surgery area (but not directly which your skin can be injured) especially in the week.
- Do not stay on the bed all the time, Start walking as soon as possible after the surgery to prevent bleed clots in the legs even you feel uncomfortable have soreness. But this will help the soreness go away sooner.
- Keep your incision clean and dry, clean your wound with hydrogen peroxide and then applying the antibiotic ointment (polysporin/bacitracin) twice a day is an essential part of the healing process and prevention infection.
- It’s common if there are bleeding or oozing come out from the wound during this time which will go sway in a few days , just use the button to clean it
- Avoid taking a bath in the first week after the surgery. If possible, you should take a bath after the suture is removed.
- It’s normal if you have the nipple hypersensitivity after the surgery, you can try wearing some sort of the gauze pad after in the beginning. And it will fade away over the time
- 7 days after the surgery, you have to go back to see the surgeon again for post –operative checking up and remove the suture.
- The Anastasia and the depression from the surgery can make the mensuration circle confused. But it’s coming back normal in 1-2 months
- Do not swim in the pool for 4-6 weeks, it’s very risky to get injection from the public pool during the recovery time.
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
- Your incision maybe very dried. You can apply the moisturizer, oil cream or the vitamin E can help.
- During the first 6 months , if you have wear the bikini or the suite which your incision can fade the sunshine, you must put the sunscreen with a skin- protection factor (SPF) all the time when you go out to prevent pigmentation of incision line.
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
The common symptoms
You will experience pain, Swelling and bruising including discomfort, tenderness, and numbness feeling, but it will go away over the time within one month.
Typically, before and after the surgery, the surgeon will let you take the oral anti-biotic medicine to prevent getting inflammation or infection from the surgery. But if the infection so serious, it may be can’t be healed with the oral anti-biotic medicine which you can notice from strong pain, redness (especially if it is spreading), swelling or maybe high fever including many pus oozing come out from the wound and you feel hot inside . This you should go back to see the surgeon again as soon as possible.
Asymmetry nipple and breast
Since the nipple will be positioned, so it’s possible to be asymmetry and including the shape of the new breast is different between the both sides. But normally, just for temporary because of the swelling and will go away in a few months. But if not, you should go back to meet the surgeon again.
Loss of feeling in the nipples or breasts
This is just for temporary, that’s not serious. Because some women with the large breast don’t have a lot of feeling in their breasts before the surgery. But if this symptom is longer or becomes permanent, It may need to be a concern or you can go back to see your surgeon for checking.
Inability to breastfeed after surgery
In some woman can’t breastfeeding after the surgery (but some still be able to do). Due to the ducts is injured.
Thick, wide, or depressed scars
This is the largest risk for the breast lift patients. Since the incision of the surgery is quite lone (anchor shaped). In some peoples with the bad healing process, the incision is turn to be thick scars and become the wide keloid at the end. However, it’s depending on the type of each person’s skin which you need to have a consultation with the surgeon before to see the risk to become the keloid of your scars. Some of them need to have some kinds of skin treatment to heal it, or some need to have the scar revision to remove the wide keloid
After the surgery, you may be able to feel numbness since the effect of the surgery, but it’s only for temporary and should go away in a few months. But if this symptoms keep happening longer, you should go back to meet the surgeon due to the nerves surrounding the removed tissue area are damaged during the surgery. And this can become permanent symptoms if it worse