What is the procedure ?
In the previous time, we have only one kind of the surgery to remove the fat from the body of the peoples, it is called Traditional Liposuction. But now, we have the more hi-technology which can give you the better result of fat removal, Vaser Liposuction which is an innovative body sculpting that uses patented VASER technology to break up and permanently remove unwanted fat, while minimally disturbing other important tissues critical to an optimal recovery.
VASER Liposuction is a specialized and minimally invasive fat removal and body contouring procedure. In contrast to traditional liposuction. And this the latest generation ultrasonic liposuction technic that is designed to virtually eliminate bleeding during surgery and to reduce inflammation and bruising. Ultrasound technology only targets fat cells, leaving surrounding tissues undamaged, and involves minimal downtime, which allows for greater precision and vastly superior results. Instead of using a scalpel to remove fat. Because the medical device employs low level of ultrasound that pulsates to gently break apart the fat cells with minimal collateral damage to other tissue, such as nerves, blood vessels, lymphatic, and skin.
And for the obvious different result when comparing this technique to the standard technique or without ultrasound is increased skin contraction and tightening. It’s mean that the patients who are performed Vaser Liposuction will have less sagging skin after the fat under the skin removed and also can have more smoother surface skin. But however, It’s depend on the quality elasticity of your skin.
How the procedure is performed ?
Before the surgery, the surgeon will mark outline on the area of your body where you would like to remove the fat. During the operation, the surgeon will make a small incision (0.5-1.5 cm), quite invisible on some part of body which usually hidden somewhere like joint crease or the nave. And inject “Tumescent Solution” (which contains local anesthetic, adrenaline and normal saline in the same amount), this case make the blood vessels shrink and bleeding during surgery and to reduce inflammation and bruising. And the ultrasonic energy will be released in to the layer of your skin to destroy the excess fat to become fluid and the surgeon will vacuum it out gently and the most disturbing the skin and the areas around. When the procedure is done, the surgeon wills close the incision with the suture and wrap you with the compression garment to reduce the bruising and swollen.
And Vaser Liposuction is accepted that this this is the best technic for removing the fat from the body, the skin can be tighten, and the fat can be removed more including less complication comparing Traditional liposuction.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
After liposuction, you will have a tiny scars (around 05.-1 cm), where the surgeon cuts your skin and inserts the cannula to suck the fat tissue. And how many incision will be made is depends on the amount of fat you have and the area you want to do.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate ?
- The candidate of Liposuction can be both of man and woman, but must be in good health, no serious medication which can’t undergo the major surgery
- Age is generally not a major consideration when discussing liposuction. Older adults, though, often have less elasticity in their skin and thus may not get the same results that a younger person with tighter skin
- The peoples who have an average or only slightly above-average weight, big size and volume of body
- The person with the excess fat in the body which try to get rid of by exercise or diet but the body doesn’t response
- The people with cellulite are not good candidates for liposuction because they may develop skin irregularities in the treated area
- The people with the firm and good elastic skin. Otherwise, your skin after liposuction will be a degree of crepe or slightly wrinkle appearance
- The propels who don’t have the obesity and Liposuction also is not proven to be an effective treatment for obesity
- The people who want to have a smaller shape, but the weight is probably the same
- The people who have a problems with the skin irregularities because of the excess fat around the fold area of the body where is the air can’t pass through such as armpit, the connection between the leg and body
- The people who have a problems to wear some cloths or including a problem with moving because of the oversize body
- The people who want to improve some part of the body to be smaller , more shaped and firmer
- The people who don’t pregnant at the moment
- The people who want to get back the self-confident and can be happy with the finer shape
What are the results the candidate can expect ?
- The result of the surgery is immediately visible
- The fat cells is removed from the body or the specific part of the body
- The body look firmer and attractive
- Get the beautiful body shape that doesn’t response with the exercise or diet
- The recovery is faster than the traditional technique
- Less bleeding compare to the traditional technique
- The technique less injure the tissue of nerves and blood vessels than the traditional technique
- The skin after Vaser Liposuction is tighten after the fat cells is removed , no curled or un-smoothed skin
- The technique can remove more amount of fat compare to the traditional technique( can be for all areas the body)
- Increase the self-esteem
- Be enjoy with the body and can wear all kinds of trendy suits or bikini
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
2-3 days in the hospital and 10-12 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem, your allergies, medical you are taking now (whether prescription or non-prescription)to see the risks after the surgery
- Discuss with the surgeon about your expected result, the area you would like to have a surgery done to see which technique of liposuction do suitable for you more
- The surgeon will clarify you all things about the procedure, the complication, the risk and even the pre-and post-operative care
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 week,this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing
- Try to drink a lot of water before the surgery date for avoiding the lacking of water problem during the surgery
- The most important thing about having Liposuction is even Liposuction is can remove the excess fat from your body, but regular exercise is helpful to give you the fit shape ,healthy and long last result
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery.
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair (because after a surgery, you maybe not comfortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loos cloths or the comfortable, especially on below part of your body
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After Liposuction ,when you wake up from Anastasia with or two drains to help remove any fluids and blood that collects at the incision site which will be removed in a few days. It actually facilitates healing from liposuction and reduces recovery time swelling, bruising, soreness, numbness or Irritation in and around the surgery areas where the cannulas were inserted.
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- The surgeon will recommend you to remain on your back with your head higher than the body and knees bent with a pillow underneath. This position will reduce strain on your surgery area.
- The sucked areas become black color at the first moment after the surgery, but it will go away in a next few weeks
- Don’t take a shower or take a shower but keep the wound dry until you will the suture will be removed or just try to clean your body with the wet towel if you don’t feel comfort
- Taking a shower is recommended on the first day after surgery. But touch your insision gently and dry up the incision area with the towel at the end
- Keep the wound clean and attend to it at least twice a day and change the over the wound as often as you can to avoid getting infection from bacteria inside. And including keep your hand clean before touching the incision every time
- You will be asked by the surgeon to wear the compression garment to support the surgery areas in the good position, it’s can make the pain go away fast and you also can return back to the normal life sooner. By applying the pressure, a garment helps the skin fit better to the new bod shape with less likelihood of skin sagging.
- The surgeon will recommend applying the cool pack or frozen peas, this can reduce the swelling and stop bleeding (especially, the first few days is recommended to keep cool pack on your surgery area all the time). But don’t put it to the skin directly, you should put a paper towel or thin soft cloth on the swollen area to protect it
- For the first few days after the surgery, you will have the liquid come out from the incision which is normal for this procedure. When sitting or lying down, you should place absorbent towels beneath you in order to protect your furniture from any expected leak of blood-tinged drainage
- Try to walk after the surgery as much as during your recovery process to decrease the swelling, although it may be difficult to stand straight with the compression bandages on. This is one risk face by tummy tuck patients which can have blood clots in the legs. That’s the reason why the surgeon asks you to gentle walk as much as you can. However, having strong, well-toned leg muscles prior to surgery will help your body combat the formation of blood clots during the initial day or two after surgery, when you are unable to move or will be moving with difficulty. And including gentle exercise helps the healing process and can prevent the formation of blood clots
- About 7 days after the surgery, you have to come back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking to be sure that the incision go well, no side-effect or complication
- But although swelling or other symptoms will continue to go away, but if you have large areas of liposuction done, the skin surrounding the surgery area can be loose down or become like sagging skin. But typically, it will tighten over the time
- Don’t be in the swimming pools and bath tubs because these can be breeding grounds for bacteria and infection in the early days after surgery
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside and you will need to pay special attention to your body’s physical limitations to avoid reopening your wounds and increasing the time needed to fully heal from surgery
- After the suture removed, if your wound is itching or very dry, you can apply the moisturizer, oily lotion on the wound instead of scratching, this can help a lot
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
The common symptoms
After the surgery, you can feel pains, swelling, bruising on the skin around the incision. And the skin becomes black in the large area. Or you have plenty of the water come out from the incision. Don’t worry about this, it will continue better in a several days.
Normally, during the surgery, the surgeon will let you take antibiotic for anti-bacteria. This can reduce the risk of infection during the surgery. And also, you did not keep your wounds clean enough. Sometimes, infections may be serious or life threatening such as in cases. You will get red on your skin, brushing on the operation area. This you must go back to see your surgeon as soon as you can.
Its can happened especially in the peoples with blood disease. That’s the reason why the surgeon recommend you to take the medication to affect the bleeding stop such as Aspirin, Vitamin E or fish oil etc. But however, if you have this problem during or after the surgery, the emergency treatment is required.
Fluid and electrolyte imbalance
It can happen when you are injected the tumescent solution to the body too much or even the lot of fat is removed.
Pulmonary fat embolism during the surgery(a blood clot fell into the lung)
A fat Embolism can happens when the fat enters the bloods through a torn or ruptured blood vessel during the surgery. Fat particles can sometimes get trapped in the blood vessels, go to the lungs or to the brain.
Skin Necrosis (skin death)
The skin above the liposuction site may become necrotic or “die.” When this happens, skin may change color and be sloughed (fall) off. Large areas of skin necrosis may become infected with bacteria or microorganisms. The skin Necrosis need to be removed, otherwise the infection cans extent to the larger area of the skin
Curling, unsmooth skin or sagging skin
This happens when the fat cells are removed too much from the body and the skin become sagging or curling. But all these problems can be prevented if you have a surgery with the professional surgeon team and good device.
The cause of this problem is the friction of the device to the skin of the nerves during the surgery and this can increase the possibility of scarring.
The nerve can be damaged from having liposuction. Damage of the sensory nerves will create the feeling of pins and needle.