What is the procedure ?
In the woman, the beautiful body and face is the most important. But over the time, the face and body can change because of many reasons; the effects of aging, gravity, fluctuations in weight, and a loss of skin elasticity all contribute to loss of tone in the body. So, most of the women is seeking for the methods to keep the beautiful things on the body long last and plastic surgery is the one best answer for this. A thigh lift (Thighplasty) is the procedure to remove the excess skin and fat from the tights to reduce the appearance of the inner or outer thighs and improves the contour of the legs which some women have fat deposits only on the outer edges of the thighs, while others have fat bulges on the inside. This will make you have a firmer more youthful-looking and more proportionate to your overall body image. A tight lift may also be performed in combination with another type of surgery such as arm lift for the perfect body contour. But please understand that the good health is also important beside the beautiful shape and to keep the result of the surgery long last, you need make an exercise regularly and eat the healthy food to control your weight not to swing again. Otherwise, it’s risky to have the sagging skin on the concern areas again. And including if you are planning a future pregnancy or anticipate a significant loss of weight in the future, it is probably best to postpone your thigh lift until after these events have occurred to optimize your results.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like ?
For the incision of thigh lift is quit larch which the candidate need to understand and will accept. The size of the incision is depending on the area and the excess skin need to be removed. But for common case, the incision will be made in the groin, extending downward and wrapping around the back of the tight and will be hidden in by bathing suit, this for the peoples who have only fat and excess skin on the inner tight, but still have the good elasticity skin. But if you have the excess skin and fat and also the worse skin elasticity, the incisions required to obtain proper correction must be larger which can be located from inner tights and continue to outside or lateral hips. But the surgeon will be the one who advise the best position of the incision for you.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate?
- The candidate can be both of man and women but must be in good health, no serious medication which can’t have a major surgery
- The people who have the excess skin and folds, uneven contours and unwanted pockets of fat in the upper legs, belly, hips, buttocks or thighs
- The age of the candidate is not the big concerns, as far as you have the sagging skin on the thighs and is adult, you can undergo the surgery
- The peoples with the weight stable
- The people who have the excess soft fat tissue along the inner or medial thigh region and/or the outer
- loss of skin elasticity all contribute to loss of tone in the thighs
- The people who gain much weight during pregnancy
- The people who don’t plan to have a baby after the surgery
- The people who lose much weight and the skin on the tights become droopy
- The people who try to make an excessive to improve the sagging skin on the tights but doesn’t help.
- The people who lose the elasticity of the skin
- The people who wish to have the firmer body, looks more shape and more attractive
- The peoples who need to have the better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body
- The people who make an exercise regularly and eat the health food
What are the results the candidate can expect ?
- The body looks better- proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body
- The skin is tighten and smoother,the dimpled skin on the thighs is removed
- The sagging skin is removed
- The body, especially on the lower part look more fit and firm
- Reduce the fat / cellulite on the thighs
- The incision will be hidden in the bikini line
- Can wear any dress you like again, including bikini
- Your body appearance looks more shape
- Get back the self-confident with the same body
- The movement of the body is better when you do have the sagging skin on the thigh
- The lower part of the body looks natural firmer and youthful
- The result of thigh lift is nearly immediately to see, and much faster comparing the regular exercise
- But please understand that a thigh lift procedure can’t correct the weak muscle, only just remove the skin out. But this must be treated with regularly exercise for the good health of you and long last result of the surgery
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
1-2 days for the surgery, recommends 10 days in Thailand Pre-operative care
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon consultation with the surgeon and inform them all information about your medical problem , your allergies , medical you are taking and including your expected result to see that it’s realistic to do or not
- Inform them about the expected result of the surgery you are seeking for to see it’s realistic to make it happen or not
- In some surgeon can show you the picture of the previous case to you and clarify all detail about the procedure, the complication and side-effect, the incision or scars and etc.
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc. before and surgery for 2 weeks ,this may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Some surgeons will recommend you to take multivitamin supplements which are including Vitamin A and C, this can help relieve swelling after surgery. But however, this must be the approval of your surgeon only
- Stop drinking alcohol or smoking before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing. This is very important for the peoples who would like to undergo the major
- If you have over weight, the surgeon may recommend you to change the life style, control the weight, and regularly exercise. You have to follow the surgeon’s recommendation to archives the best result of the surgery and minimize the chance of complications
- You should try to stool by drinking the prune juice and take them away because after the surgery, you may be taking pain medications which can cause constipation.
- Shave the hair from your surgery area if you have before the surgery.
- Try to drink water as much as you can, because hydration is very important both of before and after the surgery for safe recovery
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair (because after a surgery, you maybe not comfortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loos cloths or the comfortable, especially on below part of your body
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- When you wake up from Anastasia, you will have the small tubes (can be 1 or 2 tubes) inserted to your body to drain out the fluid from your body. And the surgeon will take it out 1 -2 days after the surgery
- And besides the tube your tights will be wrapped with the elastic bandage to reduce bruising and swelling and you have to stay in the hospital to be sure that you are safe before discharge the hospital
- You will experience pain, Swelling and bruising including discomfort, tenderness, and numbness feeling, but it will go away within one month
- The surgeon will recommend you to sleep with head of the bed elevated, no bending, lifting or straining or use two to three pillows for one week after surgery to reduce swelling and bruising
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone.
- You can take Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that helps promote healing, for two weeks following surgery
- But some surgeons will recommend you to use the medical compression garment after Buttock lift to help you about the healing process, minimal swelling, improving blood circulation, providing support and comfort to surgical areas, and by flushing the bodies out of potentially harmful fluids which can make you go back to the normal life sooner.
- The cool pack is also recommended to reduce the swelling and bruising , apply on your surgery area ( but not directly which your skin can be injured) especially in the week.
- Do not stay on the bed all the time, Start walking as soon as possible after the surgery to prevent bleed clots in the legs even you feel uncomfortable have soreness. But this will help the soreness go away sooner
- Keep your incision clean and dry, clean your wound with hydrogen peroxide and then applying the antibiotic ointment (polysporin/bacitracin) twice a day is an essential part of the healing process and prevention infection.
- It’s common if there are bleeding or oozing come out from the wound during this time which will go sway in a few days , just use the button to clean it
- Avoid taking a bath in the first week after the surgery. If possible, you should take a bath after the suture is removed.
- 7 days after the surgery, you have to go back to see the surgeon again for post –operative checking up and remove the suture
- Do not swim in the pool for 4-6 weeks, it’s very risky to get injection from the public pool during the recovery time
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside your cheek
- Your incision maybe very dried. You can apply the moisturizer, oil cream or the vitamin E can help
- During the first 6 months , if you have wear the bikini or the suite which your incision can fade the sunshine, you must put the sunscreen with a skin- protection factor (SPF) all the time when you go out to prevent pigmentation of incision line
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
Normally, before and after the surgery, the surgeon will let you take anti-biotic to prevent getting infection from the surgeon. But in some cases, this problem still occur which you can notice from the strong pain the heat from inside your wound and also the redness surrounding your incision. If you have this symptoms, you have to go back to meet the surgeon as soon as you can. If the infection is not too worse, the surgeon will let you take the special oral anti-biotic medicine or maybe the anti-biotic cream to apply on your incision.
Bleeding after the surgery is normal symptoms, unless you have excessive blooding which can caused of many reasons such as blood thinning from the medication as Aspirin , Vitamin E,(as the surgeon recommend you to stop ). And also, if you have bleeding underneath the skin, it can be blood clots which both of these can lead to get in shock. The way to prevent these problems is following the surgeon’s construction or recommendation to stop taking anything, or stop doing anything unless you have a certain bleeding disorder. This you have to be physical checked before the surgery to see that you can have a surgery or not. And if you have bleeding or blood underneath your skin, you have to go to back to see the surgeon again soon.
The poor wound healing
Normally, the incision after the arm lift is quite long (from upper arm along to elbow). But when the incision get dry, it should becoming the fresh scars will be better over the time. But if you don’t clean your wound well which is paramount for post-operative care after the surgery or even you smoking during this recovery time because the nicotine from the smoking is the root cause of the decreased blood. These can delay the healing process of your wound and increase the risk of infection, extrusion, and necrosis.
Normally, all surgery must have the scars but the obviously visible or not is depends on each person. Even the healing process after the surgery is perfect, but abnormal scars still can occur within the skin and the deeper tissues. We can say that the scars become hypertrophic or keloid which is bad looks on your arms. This you can consult the dermatologist, if the keloid is not worse, the lotion or some cream to removal the scars or keloid is enough. But in some case, scars revision maybe necessary.