What is the procedure?
In the man who those have big size of the breast (instead of having the flat breast as the normal male gender)can make them feel embarrassed, feel less self-confidence. The cause is usually from changes in the balance of estrogen (female hormone) and testosterone, excessive alcohol intake, use of certain drugs, particularly anabolic steroids, certain diseases, such as liver failure and cancer, congenital abnormality (a problem from birth), dramatic weight loss, which can cause the skin to sag, these are caused of glandular tissue on male breasts grow up (become puffy breasts)
Enlargement of male breasts is known as Gynecomastia , 40% of the man have this problem. Some of them try to hide the puffy breasts from the public, swimming pool, at the beach and etc. but some of them want to improve it with the surgery which is correction from the beginning of the source. So, Male Breast Reduction is the answer to solve this problem. And Male Breast reduction can be performed by 2 technics, liposuction and the operation with the knife, to reduced or cutting out excess glandular tissue underneath the chest.
Please understand that the result of male breast reduction is permanent. But in the future in case you gain back the weight, hormonal imbalances and the use of certain drugs can cause the breast area to enlarge again. This can create a gynecomastia-like effect. But this can be treated with the healthy diet food, regular exercise, no need to undergo the surgery again.
How the procedure is performed ?
The procedure will be started with applying the general Anastasia on the patient to make them sleep to not to feel pain during the surgery. And reduction the size of male chest can be done with 2 options, Liposuction and excision (surgical removal of tissue). Both techniques can be done combining or just one of both techniques is enough, it’s depending on the concern problems of each patient.
1. Male chest reduction by Liposuction
Liposuction technique is suitable for the peoples who have the big male breast which cause of the collection and become fatty tissue. The surgeon will make an incision at the middle part of the chest, a 1.5-1 mm long incision each side to insert the cannula to vacuum the fatty out to reduce the size of your chest. This technique can remove only the fatty cells, but can’t make the chest completely flat due to the glandular tissue isn’t removed. And when the surgery is done, the surgeon will closed the incision with the suture and put the plaster over your incision and insert the small tube into the chest to drain out any liquids from inside to reduce the swelling and the risk to have the blood clot at the end of the operation. Liposuction can be single performed or can be combined to excision technique.
2. Male chest reduction by the excision
This technique is suitable for the people who have the very big size of the breast from the enlargement of the glandular tissue under the chest. The surgeon will make an incision around the edge of the areola and insert the medical to remove or cutting out the glandular tissue from under the chest, cuts may extend down the chest from the areola and the nipples may need to be repositioned. But in case of the patient with extreme glandular tissue under the skin, when they are removed, the remained skin on the chest can become losing down. This you may need to contour this concern problem either, remove the excess skin to make the chest look completely flat as normal shape. And when the surgery is done, the surgeon will closed the incision with the suture and usually covered with the commeasure garment to wrap the chest in order to keep the ski firmer in place. And insert the small tube into the chest to drain out any liquids from inside to reduce the swelling and the risk to have the blood clot at the end of the operation. This technique can be performed in additional to liposuction or single performed.
What type of Anastasia is necessary for the procedure ?
How will the incision look like?
The incision after the male breast reduction procedure can be divided in 2 features, the incision from liposuction technique, it will be very tiny, around 05.-1 cm if the length which will be invisible after the surgery. And for the incision from excision, the incision will be located around the edge of the areola (depending on the amount of breast tissue you have and the elasticity of your skin).which will be less visible also. But after the surgery with excision, the skin surrounding your areola will be shrinkage, but it will go away within 1 year.
Is this procedure suitable for the candidate?
- The candidate must be the man with the good heath, no serious medical problem which can’t have s major surgery
- The man who feels unconformable with the big size of the breast, such as when they are playing the sport.
- The man who have unhappy and embarrassed feeling with the large size of the breast such as you are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports or to exercise at a gym and you want to improves it
- Over 18 years old of the age, because normally in the teenage boys who have the big breast (which cause of the unbalanced of hormone in the body), the body will be improved by itself about this period of age
- The man with unequal size or shape of the breast between the both sides.
- The man with the firm elastic skin that will reshape well to their body‘s contours.
- The people with the good emotionally and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations
- The man who don’t have the obesity, using of some medications including anabolic steroids marijuana should avoid this surgery, it can increase the risk of the surgery
- The man with impaired liver function and use of estrogen-containing medication is not recommending having this procedure
- The man who want to increase the social confidence
- The body look firmer and more healthy
What are the results the candidate can expect?
- Increasing the self-confidence, get rid of the emotional discomfort about the body
- Obtain a Flat Masculine chest
- The body looks more attractive and healthy
- You can do all outdoor activities you like which can’t do it before because you feel embarrassed with the big breast such as swimming, gyms and etc.
- The movement of the body is improved when the body is firmer
- The excess localized fat and excess breast tissue is removed
- Very low risk to get side-effect
- You feel more sexual satisfaction
- The result is permanent and you can enjoy with this
Length of stay at the hospital and in Thailand
1-2 days in the hospital, recommends 10 days in Thailand
- Before the surgery can happen, you need to have a consultation with the surgeon and inform them all details about your medical problem, your allergies, medical you are taking now (whether prescription or non-prescription)and including your expected result, which technique of liposuction do suitable for you more
- The surgeon will clarify you all things about the surgery, the result of the surgery, the incision, the complication and risk
- Sometimes, Ultrasound can help the surgeon to evaluate what’s the cause to make your breast look big and can select the best technique to operate your case
- You will be asked to stop taking Aspirin, ibuprofen, and products containing aspirin and ibuprofen including anti-inflammatory medication, high dosing any multivitamins/herbal remedies/teas etc before and surgery for 2 weeks , This may inhibit blood clotting and cause bleeding problems during and after surgery
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol before and after the surgery 2 weeks, that’s effect to delay wound healing
- Ty to drink a lot of water before the surgery date for avoiding the lacking of water problem during the surgery
- The most important thing about having Liposuction is even Liposuction is can remove the excess fat from your body, but regular exercise is helpful to give you the fit shape ,healthy and long last result
- The surgeon will clarify you all things about the procedure, the complication, the risk and even the pre-and post-operative care
- Before the surgery you need to have the physical checking to be sure that you undergo the surgery without the serious side-effect after the surgery.
On the surgery date
- And on the surgery date, you should stop eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Take a bath and wash your hair wash your hair (because after a surgery, you maybe not confortable to do it for a few days) but without applying the lotion and cream on the body including no makeup
- Take out all accessories, such as earring and also remove the nail polish before getting the operation room
- Wear the loose cloths or comfortable, if possible take the shirt with the button in front
- Sleep well before the surgery
- Make a physical checking up to be sure that you have the normal level of your blood pressure or any disease come up which can’t undergo the surgery or not
- After Liposuction ,when you wake up from Anastasia with or two drains to help remove any fluids and blood that collects at the incision site which will be removed in a few days. It actually facilitates healing from liposuction and reduces recovery time swelling, bruising, soreness, numbness or Irritation in and around the surgery areas where the cannulas were inserted
- Wear the compressor garment after the surgery to support the surgery area that can reduce the healing process and go back to the normal like sooner
- The painkiller pill and antibiotics medication including the additional vitamin from the surgeon is recommended if the pain is extremely and for preventing to get infection during the healing process and continue taking them until they are all gone
- The surgeon will recommend you to remain on your back with your head higher than the body and knees bent with a pillow underneath. This position will reduce strain on your surgery area
- If you have male breast reduction with liposuction technique, the sucked areas become black color at the first moment after the surgery, but it will go away in a next few weeks.
- Don’t take a shower or take a shower but keep the wound dry until you will the suture will be removed or just try to clean your body with the wet towel if you don’t feel comfort.
- Keep the wound clean and attend to it at least twice a day and change the over the wound as often as you can to avoid getting infection from bacteria inside. And including keep your hand clean before touching the incision every time.
- Don’t lift up our shoulder or strong moving for the first date after the surgery, movement of the waist and elbow is acceptable. This has risk to separate the incision from each other.
- You will be asked by the surgeon to wear the compression garment to support the surgery areas in the good position, it’s can make the pain go away fast and you also can return back to the normal life sooner. By applying the pressure, a garment helps the skin fit better to the new bod shape with less likelihood of skin sagging.
- The surgeon will recommend applying the cool pack or frozen peas, this can reduce the swelling and stop bleeding (especially, the first few days is recommended to keep cool pack on your surgery area all the time). But don’t put it to the skin directly; you should put a paper towel or thin soft cloth on the swollen area to protect it.
- For the first few days after the surgery, you will have the liquid come out from the incision which is normal for this procedure. When sitting or lying down, you should place absorbent towels beneath you in order to protect your furniture from any expected leak of blood-tinged drainage
- Try to walk after the surgery as much as during your recovery process to decrease the swelling, although it may be difficult to stand straight with the compression bandages on. This is one risk face by tummy tuck patients which can have blood clots in the legs. That’s the reason why the surgeon asks you to gentle walk as much as you can. However, having strong, well-toned leg muscles prior to surgery will help your body combat the formation of blood clots during the initial day or two after surgery, when you are unable to move or will be moving with difficulty. And including gentle exercise helps the healing process and can prevent the formation of blood clots.
- About 7 days after the surgery, you have to come back to see the surgeon again for follow up checking to be sure that the incision go well, no side-effect or complication
- But although swelling or other symptoms will continue to go away, but if you have large areas of liposuction done, the skin surrounding the surgery area can be loose down or become like sagging skin. But typically, it will tighten over the time.
- Don’t be in the swimming pools and bath tubs because these can be breeding grounds for bacteria and infection in the early days after surgery. Remember to avoid all strenuous exercise for six weeks after surgery.
- Avoid extreme activities or strenuous sport at least 3 weeks because of the rising high blood. This can cause of bleeding inside and you will need to pay special attention to your body’s physical limitations to avoid reopening your wounds and increasing the time needed to fully heal from surgery
- After the suture removed, if your wound is itching or very dry, you can apply the moisturizer, oily lotion or ointments on the wound instead of scratching. This can help a lot.
- Sun rays will prolong swelling and may cause permanent discoloration. Sun exposure in the early stages can cause scars to become more noticeable late
- After male breast reduction surgery, there is a phenomenon of spontaneous shrinking of the entire areola. The diameter of the areola will decrease ten to fifty percent from the original size. This usually occurs when significant amounts of glandular tissue are removed
What are the possible risks and complications involved?
The common side-effect
After the surgery, you may experience some pain, bruising, swelling and discomfort. But these are just temporary side-effect and will disappear in a few days
Normally, the surgeon will ask you to take the anti-biotic medicine both of before and after the surgery to prevent getting infection from the operation. But in case the bacteria is too strong or you don’t clean your wound in the correct way, it’s still can happen which you will be able to notice from the redness surrounding the wound and the strong pain, high flue or have the plenty of the blood or oozing come out from the wound. These are possible to get infection, you should go back to meet the surgeon again to get the correct treatment.
After the surgery, if you have poor healing process, the incision may become red scarring and turn to be lumpy scars. You can avoid this problems by don’t scratch your incision but apply the moisturizing lotion or vitamin cream on your incision if you feel itching, this can help. But the scarring is so serious, skin treatment such as laser or injection is necessary
Actually, bleeding is quite serious symptom after the surgery which mostly will occur in the case of operation with liposuction technique more than excision. Due to removal the glandular tissue is removed is not much bleeding. And there is higher risk of bleeding in the people who using some medication which can caused of the blood thinner such as aspirin or coumadin (a blood thinner). This is the reason why the surgeon recommends you to stop taking this kind of medication both of before and after the surgery to avoid this problem.
In some people with the lack of elasticity skin, after the fatty tissue or glandular tissue is removed. They may be have the excessive skin remained in the area of surgery. The only way to improve this problem is cutting out the excessive roll of skin directly, but this will leave the permanent scares after the revision.
This can happen from the collection of the blood or fluid under the skin. This you need to remove the blood or any fluids from under the skin, the surgeon will use the medical needle to drain it out. This problem can lead to have the blood clot if you leave all fluid under your skin.
The result of the surgery is not equal between the both breasts (one side is smaller than the other). This can happen even though the surgeon marks the concern area very careful. Due to normally, the original breast size or areola size of everybody can be asymmetry. So, when the surgery is performed, this can make the differences is more visible. The areola revision is required is necessary